We recently received a great question from reader Paul, who asks, “Which are the best adventure and mystery books?”
Let us start by saying that this question is a tricky one because there are thousands of great mystery and adventure books out there. But we will give it a shot.
Take a look below for some of our favorites. Some suggestions will require parental guidance.
- The 39 Clues (series)
- Billy Bud by Herman Melville
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Hardy Boys (series)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Hatchet by Gary Paulson
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
- Huckelberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The Lord of the Rings (series) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- White Fang by Gary Paulson
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’EngleDid we miss anything? Feel free to ask questions about the books we chose in the comments below. And as always, if you have a burning question type it into the box on the right side of this page.